I'm a two time winner! I'm speechless! First I won the Simply Me blog giveaway, at http://tinyurl.com/kwanfv. BTW, you might want to check out that blog. My prize is a Pamper Yourself Kit worth $20; I'll be watching the mail box--can't wait to start pampering!
Second, I received an award from Kat Harris of the Long Road to Heaven, at http://tinyurl.com/mhaxhy . The rule is that the recipient must find a new blog to read; follow it for a week; tell the writer what you're doing and why, and then list seven things about yourself that people might find interesting.
Boy, I had a tough time coming up with interesting things about me! Here goes:
1. I have owned 2 Newfoundland dogs in my life; one named Charles Barkley and one named Zeus.
2. During my first year of teaching, I coached girls basketball, girls softball, and drama. (I had never played basketball or softball)
3. I have been married 38 years; 12 to my first husband and 26 next month to my current husband.
4. I didn't learn to speak English until I was 6 years old; up to that time I spoke only French.
5. I once lived in a tent for 6 weeks with my husband and a 6 month old baby.
6. I worked on summer as a carhop at an A & W Rootbeer Drive In Restaurant
(No, I didn't have to rollerskate!)
7. I got "carded" going into a bar at age 36 and promptly planted a big "thank you" kiss on the Bouncer's lips!
Now I have to find a new blog to follow!
as a PS: I found the blog I'm going to follow:
There seems to be a possibility that he is my long lost son!