If you've been to Wrestling With Retirement before, you may be noticing I have a new look! I thought it more befitting the content of this blog. The old face, while pleasant, had become just a little too staid for the direction my posts have taken. I was fortunate to find a young graphics designer who came up with this logo for me and didn't take my whole social security check in the process. He also has created business cards for me with the same logo. (I was told I should bring business cards to Bloggy Boot Camp, which is what inspired this whole change.)
The creator of this gem is Drew Robbins and you can get in touch with him at GMAC Graphics . As you can tell, he's very talented and captured my likeness perfectly! Drew designed the business cards for my son's business, which is how I found him. Check out his website--he provides a variety of services.
Now, if you have recovered from the shock and awe of my new blog design, I have bad news. Joan at The Retirement Chronicles tagged me with the task of telling you 84 things about myself. 84! I begged her to spare my readers the pain and boredom, but she was insistent, as she pointed and giggled at me.
To make it at least a little bit interesting, I decided I would include some untruths as well as facts, and see if you can spot the lies. Here goes:
1. I once tried to dye my hair deep red.
2. I once dated a fellow who carried an extra battery and booster cables in his the trunk of his car, because that hunk of junk was always dying on him.
3. I have at least one friend that I have known for 60 years.
4. I cannot watch a parade without getting teary-eyed.
5. When I was 17, I had a teddybear tattooed very high on my left thigh so my mother would never see it.
6. I love oatmeal cookies with raisens in them.
7. When I was teaching, I replaced a student in a play when the girl who was supposed to act that particular part came down with pneumonia a week before the performance.
8. I was once tempted to have an affair with a good looking fellow who worked in a button factory.
9. When I was in high school, I shot at a couple of male friends with a B B gun.
10. I was 16 when my best friend's 15 year-old brother taught me how to French kiss.
11. When I was 10, I was sure I wanted to become a nun and had photos of nuns from different orders on my bedroom wall.
12. I smuggled rum into my college dorm room and hid it above the ceiling tiles on homecoming weekend.
13. I once had 3 kittens named, Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod.
14. When my cousin dared me to eat a caterpillar, I did it, then promptly vomited on his shoes. (I was 9 years old.)
15. I am not fond of children unless they are blood relatives; then I may just dote on them.
16. Grilled cheese sandwiches with sliced tomatoes in the middle are a favorite of mine.
17. I was driving a farm tractor when I was 6 years old.
18. At 14, I went for a "joy ride" on that farm tractor with my best friend while my parents were out.
19. In second grade, I told a girl she was going to hell because she wasn't Catholic.
20. I once had a singing role in a community theater production of Godspell.
21. In high school, I more than once sneaked one of my Dad's Camel cigarettes and smoked it.
22. As a young child, I used to read by the light attachment of my Viewmaster under the covers after bedtime.
23. I once decided to read the World Book Encyclopedia from A to Z, and did.
24. I did not learn to speak English until age 6.
25. As a child, I trained my dog to jump through a hoop.
26. In high school, my best friend forced me to eat pizza while holding my nose. I hated the smell.
27. I adore football and never miss a Patriot's game.
28. My favorite drink is a vodka gimlet, which I make with lots of vodka and just a squirt of lime.
29. During my first pregnancy, I craved tacos.
30. During my second pregnancy, I craved chocolate donuts.
31. I have had 6 different dogs in my life: Buster, King, Tippy, Zeus, Tiger, and Barkley.
32. I sold magazine subscriptions over the phone one summer during college.
33. When I was 18, I spent a summer working as a lifeguard at a local beach.
34. At 18 I once got very sick on whiskey and rootbeer.
35. One Christmas, I unwrapped all my gifts, looked them over, and re-wrapped them a week before the holiday. (I think I was 12)
37. I dangled my best friend's bra out her bedrooom window at the paperboy, and whistled to get his attention.
38. I read every book in the Nancy Drew series.
39. I was once one of two women in a training class with 98 men.
40. As a kid, my favorite sandwich was marshmallow, raspberry jam, and cheese.
41. I was voted class flirt in my high school yearbook.
42. At one time I visited an internet adult chat room using the name Sinderella.
That's all I'll burden you with today. Can you guess which 6 are not true?