Everytime I comment on a website where I have to type a word verification to get my comment posted, I can't help but think, "What a waste! What could possibly be a very helpful word is now going to disappear and never be seen again." With all the attention being paid to "going green" in this country, I think it's time for bloggers to go green and recycle the letter combos used in word verification. (I personally did away with the process to eliminate the waste of words, but some people just aren't as conservation minded!)
I decided last week to start a meme called "New Word Wednesday", thus creating a dictionary of new words based on the letter combos that pop up in the word verification process. You may feel free to do the same, or to grab my words and use them. (You know, if you use a new word three times, it's in your vocabulary forever; at least that's what I've heard) Just think, we can learn new words and go green just by recycling/reusing the words that show up at comment time.
If you missed last week's Go Green post, click on the link. You may want to catch up.
Here are this week's new words for your use as you see fit:
1. quist: a school question and answer exercise of greater weight than a quiz, but not as important as a test. As in, "The teacher gave the class a quist over the parts of speech."
2. catin: A small opening with a flexible flap, usually placed at the bottom of a door, meant for easy entrance and exit of the family pet. As in, "Garfield enjoyed the freedom to come and go afforded bv the catin."
3. evomma: fluid emitted in a violent upchuck. As in, "When Lily had too much to drink, she squirted evomma all over Oscar's shirt."
4. gardevah: a prima donna who has charge of a vegetable garden. As in, "Emily, quite the gardevah, would allow no one else entrace to her vegetable patch."
5. prosti: name given to a call girl during her training. As in, "Lulu could hardly wait for her time as a prosti to come to an end, so she could start making REAL money."
PS. Don't forget when doing your holiday shopping, check out the Wrestling With Retirement Gift Shop for fun gifts for the old fogies on your list!
SPS: I am the featured interviewee from Maine by Lazarus on the LG Reoport today. He is working on a series where he hopes to interview one blogger from each state. He's a really funny guy, and you need to check out his blog if you haven't already! Please click on the link to read my rather unconventional interview! (and leave Lazarus some love, will ya?)