Every time I comment on a website where I have to type a word verification to get my comment posted, I can't help but think, "What a waste! What could possibly be a very helpful word is now going to disappear and never be seen again." With all the attention being paid to "going green" in this country, I think it's time for bloggers to go green and recycle the letter combos used in word verification. (I personally did away with the process to eliminate the waste of words, but some people just aren't as conservation minded!)
I decided a couple of weeks ago to start a meme called "New Word Wednesday", thus creating a dictionary of new words based on the letter combos that pop up in the word verification process. You may feel free to do the same, or to grab my words and use them. (You know, if you use a new word three times, it's in your vocabulary forever; at least that's what I've heard) Just think, we can learn new words and go green just by recycling/reusing the words that show up at comment time.
Here are this week's words:
1. andadd: an endearing term for stepfather; as in, "Mommy, when will andadd get home?"
2. encupify: to adorn one's breasts with a bra; as in, "Ellen decided to use her purchase from Victoria's Secret to encupify, rather than go braless."
3. poubtali: the number of young people who have entered puberty; as in, "The poubtali for the middle school was 85%."
4. squiess: in history, a term often used to designate the wife of a squire; as in, "Mrs. Alden was the squiess of the estate."
5. winar: a smaller version of a weiner; as in, "At the cook out, George gave little Aaron a winar with ketchup."
Remember now, if you use these new words in a sentence three times, they're in your vocabulary forever!