Well, it's nearly time for spring cleaning, and since so many readers thanked me for this helpful cleaning hint last year, I thought I should post it once again, so my new readers can benefit, too. Here goes!
I hate housework; it's another of my serious flaws. Obviously, when I find a way to do things easier or faster, I'm delighted. I found a helpful tip on line this morning, and it was simply too much of a Time-Saver not to share it with you.
How to clean a toilet:
1. Put both the lid and the toilet seat up and add 1/8 cup of pet Shampoo to the water in the bowl.
2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lid. You may need to stand on the lid.
4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
5. Flush the toilet three or four times .This provides a 'power-wash' and 'rinse'.
6. Have someone open the front door of your home.Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid.
8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.
9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean!
Good luck with your spring cleaning efforts!